Monday, May 11, 2009

More CAS14 Cards

Here are a few more cards for the CAS14 Rock and Roll Challenge. It's a fun one, so I encourage you to check it out!





This card is a bit different for me, but it turned out really nice, mainly because of that scruptious gemstone brad. I adore those things, and with a little scrap of ribbon tucked into it, it's such a simple way to dress up a card. (Sorry for the strange angle of the card...definitely not done on purpose!)



This card is quite different (at least in stamp style) from what I normally make, even though it's a one-layer card. When I first started stamping seven years ago, I loved natural-looking images. Now, I lean more toward stylized or geometric images (like Papertrey's), so this was a trip back in time for me. I love how it turned out and may start using some more of these older stamps in a CAS way.



Isn't this a cheery card? Summer sun is a powerful, eye-watering color if used in large doses, but with a lot of white around it, it's just so happy! The bling makes this card, I think.

So which one of these three cards is your favorite? Inquiring minds want to know.

Supplies: I'm lazy today. If you really want to know more, check out my gallery at SCS. Thanks!

15 comments:

  1. Susan,
    They are all wonderful I think my favorite one is the Harvest Card...and that was a tough choice! I am so going to miss you on the DT I hope you will still be posting your beautiful creations you have been a huge inspiration to me! Hugs....Stampgroover (Cookie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Silly me called it the Harvest card...but its Autumn! but I know you know what I meant...Hugs! Cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all, but I think my favorite is the bottom (Summer Sun) one--because I like the styliezed images also. But I do love your scrap of ribbon in a fancy brad on the top one.

    I just found your blog a little while ago, but I've been coming back ever since, because I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I really love them all. I guess if pressed, I'd have to pick the middle one. You know I love a background block of color on a white base!

    Susan, I had a dream about you last night and it was SOO funny! We were having a nice chat (in person) and suddenly, instead of talking, you started going "eeeeeehhhhh! aaaacccccc!" It went on and on, I was getting so mad. I thought "what is her problem and when is she going to shut up!?!" Then I woke up and my baby was next to me babbling "eeeeeehhhhh! aaaacccccc!" hah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to go with the popular vote. They are all beautiful, but the autumn card is very strong (in a balanced way)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all wonderful, Susan! I really, really adore that harvest card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh! the first one is definitely my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful all three. but my fave is the middle one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All 3 are gorgeous! The third one is my fav though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, they are all nice, but I really like the first one with the brad/ribbon gorgeousness on it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're all so beautiful, Susan...and I can't choose a favorite!! Simple, gorgeous, and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are really beautiful cards, but please, don't remind me of authumn just yet, lol. Lovely card though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all really terrific examples of the technique. Hmmmm.... my fave. Even though I really like the pretty lavendar flower on the first card and the more earthy feel of the second, I would have to say that the third is my fave. The neat, stylized flower and the citrus colors just put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan, I LOVE all of these wonderful rock and roll cards!! I especially Love that Autumn card...where did you get that blue square stamp that is behind the wheat...together it is amazing!! It is my hope to do my own CAS13 card tonightl....I've been thinking about it all day at work today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmmmmm really hard to choose but by the smallest margin I would have to go for the first one ~ the bow & brad that did it!.
    I too shall miss your influence on the DT as you have been a tremendous inspiration but hope to still see your wonderful CAS creations here and on SCS.
    Many thanks for sharing all your creative ideas.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!