Tuesday, February 2, 2010

CAS52 Inspired by kmahany

This week's CAS52 challenge is inspired by kmahany's sweet mushroom card. Love this layout as it gives smaller stamps a chance to shine.

I started with PTI's Day at the Beach, a cute set I haven't done justice to since I bought it last summer. Of course, I had to pull out the bold brights because I just adore all these gray, frigid days of Ohio winter...the blah, colorless landscape, the air crystals that somehow don't even have the spirit to sparkle, the heavy iron sky. It reminds me of the lyrics to a Jimmy Buffett song: "I shot six holes in my freezer, I think I've got cabin fever,...I've got to go where it's warm!" Well, this card takes me there.


BTW, I had planned on putting tiny rhinestones on the flip flops but didn't have orange or bright green ones in my stash. I almost fainted. Must go to Michael's ASAP! (Yes, I could just color the clear ones with sharpies...don't be all logical, people! I want to shop.)

Next up, Everyday Button Bits. This set came to live with me in my last order, mainly because it's stinkin' cute but also because I did a PTI button share run by Krystie Lee and have dozens of the things sitting unused. Ever since I got the set, I've wanted to try to use the images without buttons though. I'm a closet rebel, I guess.



The balloon card uses only the largest balloon on the three-balloon stamp. I used 3/4" and 1/2" circle punches to make the balloons. They looked a bit too plain, so I added black gemstones (Hero Arts). Not sure I like the effect, but it did make the card more visually balanced. The color is berry sorbet from PTI. Yummy.

If you haven't played along with the CAS challenge yet, give it a go with some stamps you haven't used yet. Come on, you KNOW you have some.

I think I'm putting on some Jimmy Buffett when the kids head off to school. I need some tales from the tropics today. "I blew out my flip flop, stepped on a pop top, cut my heel, had to cruise on back home...." Rock on, Parrotheads.

MargaritaVille Live

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! I come here EVERYDAY to see the newest creation!
    thank you for sharing and I hope I can be as half as good as you one day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely crack me up! But...I do so love that flip, flop card and I have some images like that from CSS so I think I just may have to CASE your card. It's really a bleak winter day here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are yummy Susan and my day feels brighter already! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect description of Ohio winters! Thanks for brightening my blah day with your sunny cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a blah day in NJ, too, and I want to go "where the weather suits my clothes." I have three JB CDs from the box set in the stereo right now. Those slippahs remind me of Hawaii. That would do! Love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. Love the bright colors on the flip flop card.
    Boy, I don't miss those gray Ohio winters. First thing I noticed about moving to GA was that cold weather is easier to deal with when it is sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love the flip flop card. I also love your blog. You have lots and lots of fans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both these but I especially like the flip flop one. The bright colors really put a smile on my face.

    We're having too much winter here too. It's so cold that yesterday hubby and I were talking about how when we retire we should get a winter condo in Arizona so we never have to deal with winter again. This is a long time dream since we are still at least 15 years from retiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, now you've got me longing for summer...or at least spring! I'm ready for flip flops again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two FAB cards! Love the look of the sorbet layer on the balloon card. And the flip flop card is just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! Absolutely adore the flip flop card and the balloon card is a cutie, too. Must pull that button set out when I get home and play with it. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both very cute. I like the colorful sandal one better I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the MargaritaVille link, Susan!

    We're holding the winter Olympics here in Vancouver in 2 weeks. The weather isn't exactly wintery. I've seen 2 people in flip flops since I arrived home from Palm Springs. What was the IOC thinking????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I CASE this card - I simply love it! You do great with the challenges....so simply gorgeous! Thanks for all that you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the layers on the balloons works! Gives them the 3-D effect without the bulk.
    Hope you get some sunshine soon. None here in NC either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog never fails to make me smile. Thank you. Oh, and the balloon card is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hehe, we are totaly parrotheads around here too!! I love this layout and hope to create something soon with it. I adore that you are a closet rebel and that you used that button set without actually using buttons!! Bravo!! Your flip flops are great... even without bling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The parts for that layout have been sitting on my table for days, awaiting some perfect little stamp to make a sentiment matter to the 3 images. Flip flops it is! Thanks a million .

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've had ideas for this challenge floating in my mind all week. But they are all put to shame by these lovely cards. I could go for flip flops and a hot air ballon right now! LOL! I love that your polka dot basket on the balloon looks so good with that ribbon. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of these, Susan! Adorable images, pretty colors, and wonderfully clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, these are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cards are very cool, I love the flip-flops.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!