Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CAS54 Wishing for Spring

Before I get to this week's CAS Challenge, I have two bits of business to communicate.

1. To those who do not live in the U.S. and thus must pay outrageous shipping for Papertrey: I pity you. Deeply and sincerely. We can only hope that PTI will grow large enough to open stores overseas (and in Canada, which isn't overseas but might as well be 'cause I spent over $30 shipping a package of blog candy there once). But the insanity of international business law isn't something I would wish on any company I love. Sigh.

2. If you haven't checked out the CAS Design Team selection this time around, click the link after you read my post. The Olympic theme is pretty exciting! Lots of awesomely CAS applicants (as usual!) and I'm so glad I'm not making any decisions this time.

Back to the post at hand. CAS54 couldn't have come at a better time...as we received our third winter storm in two weeks. Sigh. I want spring.

Using spring colors on one-layer cards with Everyday Button Bits (PTI) made me very, very happy today. The first two here use BUTTONS! Yes! Finally tapping into the stash I amassed when I participated in Krystie Lee's PTI button share.


The sentiments include a single word enlarged and in a cursive font, which makes it easy to include a dash of color in the sentiment. That's such a great way to help unify a card.


I'm not sure how I feel about rounding just two corners on the blue balloon card. What do you think?

The final card (actually the first I made) totally makes me smile. No buttons. Plus, it combines Everyday Button Bits with Honey Bees...two PTI sets, one lovely card! Putting some black with the pastels helps anchor them and really pops nicely, doesn't it?



Supplies for Balloon Cards
stamps: Everyday Button Bits
ink: VersaMagic sahara sand, sea breeze, pink petunia
paper: PTI white
accessories: buttons, twine

Supplies for Floral Card
stamps: Everyday Button Bits, Honey Bees
ink: VersaMagic mango madness, aloe vera; Palette noir
paper: PTI white
accessories: black half-pearls, gingham ribbon

21 comments:

  1. Stunning cards all three! I am one of those poor peeps who has an unhealthy addiction to PTI but happens to live in the UK. I just paid $68 for shipping. The sting in the tale is that I will have to pay 17.5% tax on the whole amount (inc shipping) when it arrives!!! So that will be another $60 or so. It does make me cross but I think the products are worth it.

    Will try to pop over to the challenge if I get a chance - CAS is my new thing at the moment!!

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards as usual Susan! Everyday Button Bits is already in my cart for next month's order!

    I'm a UK PTI fan but to be honest I just take all the shipping et al as part of the deal and a necessary evil to get my supplies. I'm head over heels in love with everything PTI so I honestly don't care if I have to pay a lot to get my goodies. I guess that's what you do when you're all-in with something. [smile]

    Of course I'd prefer it if the shipping was more affordable (who wouldn't?), but that's one of the reasons I organise group orders so we can ease the pain by sharing the costs. PTI are the best company out there by far in my opinion and well worth every bit of blood, sweat and tears it takes to get an order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love Button Bits? I need to get it out. I love all three of these - so simple, so pleasing to the eye. I made my order to late yesterday and missed the dies and the folders - but there's always next month. But I did get 3 stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the CAS cards today Susan - beautiful as always. Button Bits are just the best!

    You have opened a can of worms now though! As the girls say - it's not just the shipping and the customs tax here in the UK but the fact that PTI doesn't really have as much consideration about their overseas customers as other companies like Flourishes or Verve. I've been a PTI customer since they first opened their doors but when Nichole said she would only ship those 5 suprise goodie boxes to the US I was almost ready to cancel my order - but I got over myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 3 are great but I'm partial to the top and bottom ones :o)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need to stock up on the stamps and take a vacation over to the UK. Would be a hoot to have a trunk show there. It was 72 here in CA yesterday. Really gets you in the mood to do Spring cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the colors on these. Those ballons are just a perfect mix of spring colors. And I love the yellow and black on the bottom one. You make such great one layer cards. CAS doesn't intimidate me anymore, but one layer cards still do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving all of your PTI goodness here, Susan!! I need to pull out that set and get it inky. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on the shipping to Canada. Although it's better than UK shipping rates - wow! Luckily I live fairly close to the border so I use a PO across the line. Inconvenient but worth the gas money for free shipping. Love your cards today - so clean and simple (of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these cards Susan - my favorite is the last one - love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Susan, your cards are always so beautiful and these are no exception! I love your clean style :) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, your cards are stunning! With respect to Papertrey - I guess we should be talking to them rather than using your blog to complain! Their shipping rates are higher to Canada (and much slower for some reason) than many others, including Gina K. I'm sure they want happy customers - this is clearly an issue they need to address. I'm going to send them an email right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flowers from the Honey Bees set. I just ordered Everyday Button Bits. I may just have to order Honey Bees next.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Susan... for three sweet cards to admire, for your sympathy with those of us over borders, and for the suggestion to check out the CAS DT Olympics -- more CAS goodness to admire!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all faboulous.
    Thank you for feeling sorry for us up here, it makes getting things like PTI and GinaK harder and sometimes I just forgo those companies for others that are a little more friendly on my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness I can't believe I LOVE a card with buttons on it. Now I can finally stop looking for die-cut balloons or balloon punches the right size (large, larger and largest. It always seemed to me everyone would want cut-out balloons in at least as many sizes as snowflakes, butterflies or leaves......balloons are so perfect for masculine cards......but I've searched the earth. Now I give up....buttons-Susan-style will be a perfect substitute. Thanks, Susan.

    Ditto Dallas.......1&3 are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfectly executed CAS cards as always Susan! Oh and don't chomp any more corners on that second card, I like it the way it is! It adds another focal point.
    Thanks for the pity, I'll take it by the bucket full but will continue to order PTI goodies from here across the pond as they're just perfect! They've got me hook, line and sinker LOL!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't rub it in! It costs an astronomical amount to get PTI products posted to Australia. :(

    I suppose I'll have to look on the bright side and keep telling myself it might be a good thing, otherwise I'd keep ordering and ordering!

    Love the Honey Bees card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All are gorgeous Susan, and utterly YOU. Thanks for the sympathy on postage, would love to have the Australian PTI franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm aware of how slow I am, but I'm just now "getting" Everyday Button Bits. Didn't see the appeal before. Not sure why. But I see it now and it's on it's way to my house and I can't wait to play with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!