Sunday, February 7, 2010

Someone Remembers

PTI's Everyday Blessings is my favorite religious set. The crosses are so pretty, and the sentiments useful and heartfelt.



Today's card was inspired by similar cards I've seen recently in magazines and on blogs that use a popped matte over a stamped image. In particular, check out this sweet card by Maile Belles.

For my card, I used the Creative Memories oval cutting system to cut a matte in PTI's white cardstock. To position the cross properly, I lay the matte flat on the card and stamped the cross in black. After stamping the sentiment on the matte, I popped it on the card, and then finished the card by adding brilliant blue gemstones to the cross (they look a bit darker in the photo...sorry about that).

Have a blessed Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Susan this is beautiful! LOVE the oval! I have SUs Say It With Scriptures and you have inspired me to get them out and make some cards...I recently went to a book signing and met Charles Stanley who is one of my favorite Bible Teachers...He was a sweetheart...Thanks for sharing your creations! Girl your followers list is GROWING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So who needs a die cutting machine? You have your oval cutter and lots of punches! This is truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly elegant! One would be honoured to receive such a lovely card. I don't own that stamp set, but I may have to reconsider ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you cut the oval to show the cross. This is simple but so elegant and so befitting the image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply superb, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Touches my heart down deep!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you about this stamp set, Susan! Your card is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!