Monday, October 25, 2010

Twinkling H2O Poinsettia and Free Stamp Alert

Painting images with Twinkling H2Os is worth the effort. My green Peace card made me happy, but this poinsettia makes me even happier.



I love how the petals, which were painted each separately, have varying amounts of paint for a variagated effect. It adds dimension to the rather stylized image.

How-To Tips: To get this effect, use a piece of Bounty paper towel (Bounty doesn't leave lint) and lots of water with the paint. Fill an embossed area with very wet paint, then touch a corner of the paper towel to the paint. The towel sucks up the excess water and leaves more pigment on the edges and less in the center. Each petal has its own intensity because basically it's impossible to get them all the same anyway. If one looks too light, add more paint, blot, and see what happens.



This poinsettia almost GLOWS with shimmer and warmth!

Free Stamp Alert!!! Shady Tree Studio is offering up to one lucky winner its entire October release of six new stamp sets!! Check it out HERE!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Peaceful Poinsettia
ink: VersaMark
paper: cold press watercolor paper
accessories: dimensionals, gold EP, Twinkling H2Os (hot cinnamon, gold)

25 comments:

  1. this is so beautiful, thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, is just stunning! So stylish and elegant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pure class, thank you for the tutorial :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Poinsettia!! Thanks for sharing the blotting tip!!

    I also won some H2Os recently. Waiting for them to arrive in the post and start creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be framing that one and not sending it to someone who couldn't possibly appreciate how beautiful it is!?! One of your finest I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the great instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one ELEGANT card - so like Susan Raihala's work!
    Thank you for sharing your secrets with us, oh, and for the alert about Shady Tree Studio's give away.

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! Thanks for the tips - I'd love to try this sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful. So exciting to see you playing around with so many coloring techniques these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never use H2O's, but I might just try them now, because your poinsetta looks so lovely. Thanks for the close-up, too; you can see it so well there. Lovely, simple card. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great technique. thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tip...definitely need to try that. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I've used Twinkling H2Os for a few years but have never tried that blotting technique with them. Thanks for explaining it. I'll be trying it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thanks for another great tip. I'm going to try this one soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, now I gotta dig out the H2O's. I haven't used them for a long time; hope I can find 'em. See what you've done? Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous poinsettia, beautiful simple card, love it (and H2O's):0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. P.S, have you ever tired them (H2O's) after you've embossed on dark card and then bleached out? The effect is stunning (bit smelly) but I love it because it makes the colours even more vivid :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful - I have recently been using my H20's again and have been loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, you REALLY want me to use my Mike's coupon for Twinkling H2Os, don't you? :P This poinsettia is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your poinsettia is beautiful, I love how deep and rich the colour is.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh. Oh. Oh. OH. Other than that I'm speechless.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, Susan.....what a beautiful technique, TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!