Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Easy Christmas Cards with A Wreath for All Seasons

Note: I'm not sure what's going on with the InLinkz button. The photos are not showing, just names. I've emailed InLinkz for an explanation, and hopefully we can get that fixed.

Part of my birthday order from Papertrey Ink included A Wreath for All Seasons. I thought it would make awesome one-layer Christmas cards, and I was right.

Instead of getting creative with layout or embellishments, I chose to play around with color, moving outside the traditional red and green to some other playful options for the first three cards, and putting a new spin on red for the fourth card.

First up, Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise. How happy and fun is this!?!?


And Marina Mist and Baja Breeze, for a much cooler and more peaceful feel.


And more of the gray and red I've used so much this season. Yes, I blinged this one up...because I could.


The final card, which uses the other holiday wreath in the set, has two shades of red: Real Red and Bravo Burgundy.


If you're in a rush to get some cards made, something like this can really come together quickly and easily...and by varying colors, it might not be quite so boring to mass-produce, either!

Supplies
stamps: PTI A Wreath for All Seasons, Signature Christmas
ink: SU, except Memento London Fog
paper: PTI white
accessories: red rhinestones, scallop scissors to round the corners

16 comments:

  1. The colour combinations you chose are so striking! Love all of them. And that second wreath image is mighty fine. :) Not that there's anything wrong with the first one! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful set of cards, Susan. And so inspiring, too! I love the color combos you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used this set for SO many cards this year! I did do a gray/red combo, but I'm making a note of your Marina Mist/Baja Breeze combo. You can bet I'm going to use that one. It's so soothing to my sea-loving Pisces soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan! This was the set that I chose to order from PTI for my OLW prize that you sent me! Nice to know that I will soon be able to make cute Christmas cards like these!! My son is leaving for Los Angeles tomorrow on his way to spend Christmas in Holland with his girlfriend's family and is picking it up for me while he is there! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Green Galore and Turquoise! So fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it the most wonderful set, I have used it so many times for this Christmas. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! I used this set for Thanksgiving cards...and now that I'm running way short on time for Christmas cards, I just might have to break it out again! Love your color combos -- the lime/turquoise is extra-cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are all so pretty, I can't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, your cards are so lovely!! I am particularly drawn to the blue/turquoise wreath :) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all! But most of all the Marina Mist / Baja Breeze one - it looks so beautiful on the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ADORE that last wreath. I guess I have to go purchase the set now. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All are beautiful, but I especially love the gray and red. Perhaps it's the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is my all time favorite PTI set, i think.
    your cards are beautiful. the colors are so fun. i need a few cards for the office christmas party tomorrow evening. this will be perfect. thanks for the inspiration.
    marty ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan these are awesome! I have been looking at this set and now you've sold me.

    I hope you and your family have wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!