Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Card Creations and PTI's Framed

**SWOON**
Check out all those post-its. And that's just an initial run-through. There's TONS of clean-and-simple goodness in this magazine. I mean TONS!!! Also there are a few embellished cards that are simply begging to be CASified. It's been a while since I've felt inspired to do that. I've already used one idea from the magazine (Kelley Eubanks' bling idea on yesterday's post), and can't wait to dive into more! If you can get one, please do so as soon as possible!


For today's card, I'm giving you a preview of my (very simple) tutorial for using Papertrey's Framed set.



I stamped the frame, sentiment, and branch in Memento rich coffee ink, then added the outline leaves. I colored in the leaves with a pear tart marker. It looked a little blah, so I pulled out a Sakura Stardust clear pen and added shimmer to the leaves. LOVED that, so I took a scrap of green vellum, punched the butterfly, added Stardust to that, let it dry, and added it with a bit of olive Hero Arts bling.

Here's a little close-up that shows the shimmer a bit better. Click it to see it bigger.


Thanks for the input about tabs and labels. I'll leave the labels and add a tab with a list of all the tutorials, include acronyms on the FAQ, and list all the OLWs (though that might take a while!).

Supplies
stamps: PTI Framed and Out on a Limb, Clear and Simple sentiment
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white, green vellum
accessories: Sakura Stardust, rhinestone, post-it (to mask)

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this card!! Permission to case :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame around the images and sentiment is fabulous. The card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the idea of adding Stardust to vellum - I never would have thought of doing that - which is why I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, love it:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Wish I could buy the magazine...we dont get it here and shipping kills...lol. Love your tutorial. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card-the butterfly is so pretty-love vellum but never use it-will try the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Positively lovely card that would work for any occasion, from b-day to "thinking of you" to sympathy. Lovely! I gotta' get one of those stardust pens. Does Michael's carry them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! I am so glad we could click to enlarge the pic, since then the butterfly really shows its sparkle.
    I bought the frame set after seeing an earlier post of yours; today it is going to get used. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful Susan, your cards could never look blah :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stardust on Vellum really makes it pop! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! Love your post-its. You're right; it's a fantastic issue. And so cool what you did with the butterfly. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now why would I pay $15 for a magazine when I get ample inspiration here ;-)? Though with a family road trip coming up, I will have to head to the bookstore since I'll be without crafting supplies. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card! The shimmer really makes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card...I'm partial to green ;) All those post it's have me wondering what you have marked! I got my first pub in this edition and I'm usually a CAS stamper but they picked a not so CAS card to pub. It's been fun seeing all that CAS goodness in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. boy Susan, you sure are good at spending my money!!...giggle....I had to buy that magazine after seeing all your book marked pages. Just started to go through it and I have a few bookmark of my own.
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!