Friday, June 15, 2012

Monochromatic Success

You can keep monochromatic cards from being boring by varying shape and texture. This simple card uses scalloped scallops (Martha Stewart border punch), a straight-line ribbon, and round buttons. The paper is matte, the ribbon is both shiny and sheer, and the buttons are pearly. The end result is both unified and interesting.



Of course, this card turned out NOTHING like I had intended. It sort of evolved from a bright, colorful card to this. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it's usually best to go with the creative flow rather than force an idea...no matter how good the initial idea may be!

I'll be returning home from paradise soon, so no posts until next week. Have a lovely weekend!
Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Simple Little Things
ink: SU turquoise
paper: PTI
accessories: PTI buttons, glue dots, Scor-Tape, ribbon, Martha Stewart border punch


6 comments:

  1. Very nice card! I like the sketch, colors, shiny and sheer ribbon, and the trio of buttons. PTI's HI Shores is one of all-time fav colors. I like Spring Rain, as well. I believe you've combined both of those colors on your card. I like the sentiment in SU turquoise, as well. It's nice when colors from two or more companies compliment each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. You added just enough to keep it interesting, without going overboard - sometimes a hard thing to do. I can see this in a lot of different colors with the white, all looking clean and pretty. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you received multiple offers from the card making magazines yet...they are really missing a wonderful designer/creator..
    can we write in vote...I think you'd win!!!!

    blessings
    patti moffett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design and colors. I feel a CASE coming on! Thanks for sharing with us from your vacation paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By surfing around the internet I came by on your blog. I love the way of your making CAS cards and became one of your followers. Hugs and have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  6. CASEd (in pink) and posted on my blog today. Your "recipe" for monochromatic success was very helpful. Thanks again for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!