Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oh, Look! A Family Tree! With Hearts for OLW122!

After yesterday's wordy post, I thought you might appreciate a card. But I have words to say about what makes us unhappy in stamping, too. Still processing, though.

This older flourished tree image from Hero Arts is just so gosh darn pretty, and it's a great size for one-layer cards.



I gave it "family roots" (though I wish I had the word family in a script font...that would be cool!) and decorated it with Hero heart gems in red, pink, and clear. The gems are arranged in triangles...all with different angles to appear random but in fact they were carefully planned and positioned.

Well, that's not OC.

Perhaps you should click over to Cheryl's Blog for the One-Layer Wednesday Challenge. Because the theme is HEARTS, and who doesn't love hearts?

Happy, heart-filled stampin'!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (flourish tree), unknown clear sentiment
ink: Memento gray flannel, SU real red
paper: Papertrey Ink
accessories: Hero Arts gems, Corner Chomper

10 comments:

  1. Hearts on a family tree; how perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done, Susan. The hearts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, friend! LOVE this card--I, too, have to purposefully place my bling randomly. It's a bit stressful at times! ;) LOVE the colors you used and your "family roots"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Love the idea of the family tree, although I know my son would be saying "I'm the red heart, NOT pink!" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love it if you could explain how you place your bling "randomly". I have the hardest time with laying things out that look random, but still pleasing to the eye. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a similar tree stamp that already has a small heart hanging from a branch as if it were the last leaf of Fall. I had to laugh at your dismay in not having a script font for "family." When I looked at the card before reading the post, I thought "Oh, my 'wonky' alphabet would be perfect for 'family." We must have very different families--ha! The heart gems are a perfect complement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the swirley tree and those 'random' hearts are so sweet! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan!
    I love the bling on this! Perfect! I just made a die cut tree card for Valentines...Lovin the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan,

    I love the idea of your family tree with hearts. So creative! I'm glad you had time to play along.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!