Tuesday, March 26, 2013

One-Layer Wednesday 133: Shapes Galore

Note: My posting will be sporadic for the next week. No worries! Just taking a little break.


This week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge is to use a shape repeatedly on a card. The shape can be any geometric shape: circle, square, triangle, oval, hexagon, diamond, etc.

Here's my card!



It uses a square from Square Prints repeatedly to form a Christmas tree or a stack of gifts...take your pick. But the tree works better because the square bling serves as ornaments. Yippy!!!!

Isn't that the tidiest tree you've ever seen?

OLW133 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed!!!

2. Use a geometric shape at least twice. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.

3. Post your card somewhere online and link to it using the InLinkz box on the sidebar of Simplicity. If you link to your blog, please make sure it's to the individual post and not your home page.

4. The most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!!!!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Square Prints, the Poinsettia set (can't remember the name)
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey
accessories: square rhinestones

9 comments:

  1. These squares are so dramatic. I love the lines and the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenious tree with those lovely blingy baubles! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so you! I love the simplicity of the design and the touch of bling too! Fab!!

    And I really must try to play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, this is a real stunner! I love it's simplicity but added bling. How'd you line up the squares so perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun tree! This challenge gave me a chance to "line up" evenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely Susan! I love how fab and effective a few squares can be!
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even see "tree" until you mentioned it. I saw presents, as I often do in my life. ;-) Not only do I envy your design sense, but I envy your stamps and embellishment stashes. You certainly make the most of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!