Monday, July 8, 2013

When Words Say It All

Today's card takes advantage of all the words in the Clearly Besotted set called You Are.




To make this card, I right justified all the words using a gridded acrylic block for even spacing, and then I inked up only the You of the You Are stamp.

Two things I would change about this card:

1. I wouldn't have rounded the corners. The crispness of the pointed corners looked better with the all-text card. I rounded them because of the roundness of the font of the adjectives (love that font), but really, not a great idea.

2. I would have either added another adjective or shifted the design south so the You was on the 1/3 line.

Why not remake the card then? Well, it's fine the way it is. It could be better, but today is a "good enough for government work" sort of day.

I'm sure you all have days like these.

And if you don't, I don't want to hear about it because oy vey.

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted
ink: VersaColor
paper: Papertrey Ink
accessories: corner rounder

4 comments:

  1. I understand the changes you could have made. And I agree that the card is good just the way it is. I definitely have "those" kind of days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this just the way it is. but i understand your thoughts. someone will love to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and I love your thinking! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the adjectives font too, Susan, a splendid text card ... and yet more inspiration! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!