Thursday, August 21, 2014

Gettin' Punchy with Negatives

It's always fun to play around with the negatives left behind when you punch something. Combining negatives with Kaleidacolor spectrum ink pads pretty much had me bouncing in my chair with glee. Today, I'll show you the "easy" card, and tomorrow I'll address a bit more challenging creation.

First, let's start with a card base, a shadow stamp larger than the punched negative, and a green Kaleidacolor pad. Here's what you get.


If you look closely, you'll see faint pencil marks that helped me center the shadow stamp where I needed it on the card. Those erased easily once I was finished.

When I placed the negative over the stamped area, it looked great but a bit plain, even after I stamped the sentiment in red underneath. Sooooo, I pulled out my Stickles bottle and embellished the negative. I love how it turned out!


Here's a close-up of the Stickle-y edging.


Yay for negatives! And glitter!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: Kaleidacolor, Hero Arts
paper; Papertrey white
accessories: Stickles, dimensionals, corner rounder

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I could get the Stickles outline that straight. What a super cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards, I keep sticking them all on Pinterest for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of that stamp pad Susan. The glitter border makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bold colored negative space plus glitter - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE. Pinned! Thanks for a great idea again! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!