Thursday, January 1, 2015

OLS12--Attractive Opposites

Ardyth is hosting the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge for January, and the theme is Attractive Opposites. She made a simply awesome one-layer example that shows LOTS of opposites. I'll wait while you go check out her card.

Are you back?

Okay. Her card was so amazing, I was inspired to sit down today and see what I could do!




Using my new set from Simon Says Stamps called Sunnier Days, I employed a similar "opposite" color scheme as Ardyth--the complementary colors of orange and blue--only in darker shades than she used. On this card, we have wet and dry, outline and block stamps, matte and shimmer (the rain drops were touched with Wink of Stella clear pen!), handwriting and type. The bling is just for fun!

I hope you'll join us at the OLS blog this month for Ardyth's fun challenge! Remember, you may enter as many times as you'd like between now and midnight eastern time on the 24th. On the 28th, the DT will call out the exceptional details that elevate entries from great to totally awesome! It's a little mini-lesson in doing CAS. Don't miss it!

Using my Hoard
This card uses one of my two Wink of Stella pens...the clear one. It gives a very subtle shimmer to the raindrops. I like this Wink of Stella pen, although I'm not sure about buying more colors. I have to play more with it. Comments on the Wink of Stella line?


Supplies
stamps: Simon Says Stamp Sunnier Days
ink: Hero Arts orange soda, soft denim
paper: Papertrey
accessories: bling, Wink of Stella pen

15 comments:

  1. adorable card. I have the wink of stella clear pen and think it is well worth the $$. I also have the gold brush pen and have yet to figure out a good use for it! I don't see a need for me to get more than the clear, but I'd like to see the black in action! Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! I only have one Wink of Stella Pen, the clear one. I really like it and used it quite a bit on Christmas and Winter cards, but my crafting budget is quite tight right now, so I'll have to see if I find a lot of places where I really wish I had one of the colored pens before I break down and buy another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, simple card! Wink of Stella - I have the clear and the black. Clear I love and use lots: black was a total waste of money! It is described as "black metallic" and it is neither. It is a dull, flat grey with no shimmer at all! I complained as I thought I had a faulty one and have not received a response! I saw the red used recently and that looked very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the clear and the yellow one. I like them both. The yellow is an intense yellow and is good for flower centres. It is more intense than just using the clear over yellow ink. I may consider getting the red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the clear wink as well. For me, no need for any other colors. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicago Bear colors-----this is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I'm trying to start using my hoard and created 3 cards yeasterday and finished them just now, woot! I love my clear Wink of Stella because it gives such a delicate shimmer. On some of my last-minute Christmas cards (which I have yet to post on my blog), I also used the gold Wink of Stella for the first time. I used it to colour sentiment die cuts that were cut out of some vanilla/yellow cardstock. I loved how that turned out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. The image and sentiment seem to say such a lot, if you know what I mean. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing! This set is really darling and that sentiment is why I bought it. I really does say more than it says!

      Delete
  9. This card is genius!!! Love it!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic - I love the graphic, simple shapes and all the opposites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your opposites are excellent. I have two Wink of Stella's - clear and black. I like them both. I find it hard to put sparkle on black so the WOS works great for me, although I could probably get by with just the clear. But I really do like how the black adds both depth and subtle bling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like clear, gold, and the red; red is great over a red ink. (I just got the silver and have not used it yet.) I have the white, but I don't care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got a raindrop stencil, with exactly this design in mind. Prepare to be CASEd.

    Oh, and if you have colored ink, you only need the clear Wink of Stella. I have a few of the colors, but rarely use them. Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been CASEd. :)

    http://thecrookedstamper.blogspot.com/2015/01/caseing-susan.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!