Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Out of This World

Last year's Hero Arts catalog had a bunch of star/galaxy/astronomy stamps, and I'm just now getting around to trying them. The set I got is Shoot for the Moon. It's perfect for Brilliance Iridescent Inks, in this case Ice Blue for the planet and Starlite Silver for the stars.




Y'all have no idea how hard it was for me to type "starlite," which is wrong. Just wrong. It should be "starlight." There. I typed it correctly and feel better.

A little trick on this card...the larger star is an individual stamp, but the two smaller stars are part of a larger cluster of stars. I just needed two of them, so I used a post-it note on the stamp to mask the unnecessary ones when I inked up. Just remember to remove the post-it note before actually stamping.

Just a suggestion. *whistles innocently*

Might give this card to my son on opening night of Shrek, the high-school musical. Nick is Knight #1 and a Guard. He has lines. I'm so proud!!!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Shoot for the Moon clear set
ink: Brilliance Ice Blue, Starlight Silver; Memento Luxe black
paper: Papertrey
accessories: not a one!

5 comments:

  1. Susan I so get that 'remember to remove postit note before stamping'. Yep I did the same. Forgot to remove lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooops forgot to say I love this card. Nice and simple, eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also forgot to remove postit note. I love the card. You could also cut apart the small stars from the big bunch. if you want the whole galaxy just put it back together on your acrylic block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - the sentiment is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Nick!!!

    And about that "remove the post-it before stamping" thing? Yeah, that. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!