Thursday, April 23, 2015

Inspiration Never Gets Old

I miss Paper Crafts magazine. Seriously.

It's a good thing I kept a bunch of back issues and special publications, including Card Style 2010, where I found Julia Campbell's card with this darling little bling detail:


The rounded corner and differently-sized bling completely inspired me to make the following two cards.

First up, a little number I call "A Woman Can NEVER Have Too Many Sizes of Bling."


Note that rather than using the bling as an accent, as Julia did, I chose to make it the star of the show because it was such an excellently cool idea. On a CAS card, even small accents can become big focal points if you use white space properly.

Next up, a little number I call "Pattern in Bling."




I made this card just because I could...because I have lots and lots of bling, and I'm not afraid to use it. I love how fun and whimsical this card it. It feels so different from the first, more elegant card, yet it's the same layout. Subtle changes can completely shift the mood!

If you're looking for inspiration, search your stash of old magazines. Despite the trendiness of our hobby, you'll find all sorts of timeless tips and fun ideas!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey
ink: Memento Luxe
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, dimensionals, corner rounder

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Susan...what a clever idea using your bling & round corner punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy I kept several regular issues of Paper Crafts, and even more of their special issues. And I'm very happy you found this inspiration because I adore both of your cards. (I also have almost every issue of The Rubber Stamper and you'd have to pry these out of my cold dead hands...)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!