Sunday, May 3, 2015

"She Colored!"


While contemplating the SOS#199 Challenge (Opposite Day), I thought about coloring because that's the opposite of what I ordinarily do. As I looked through my stash, however, I realized why I rarely color: I don't own many outline stamps.

This seems obvious now that I think about it, but it sure makes the Copic/Bic/Sharpie collection I have seem sort of superfluous, doesn't it?

This envelope stamp was already out for my other SOS card, so I used it. The results are colorfully happy!



Yellow, two shades of orange, and two shades of green...arranged so the same color never edges itself (though they might meet at points). I prefer coloring images with thicker lines...makes things a little more forgiving for those of us without rock-steady hands. But this turned out better than I thought it would!

Note to self: must order more Gina K Deluxe white card stock in the 120# weight.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! We in Ohio were blessed with perfect weather...which we deserved after all the rain we've had lately. Sunshine is so uplifting!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts CL404
ink: Memento tuxedo black
paper: not sure, but it bled through slightly, which is annoying
accessories: alcohol markers

6 comments:

  1. How fun! A definite day brightener for the lucky recipient :)
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I love the colors you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh I love love love this. I love how you overlapped your line image and colored in areas in different colors. Oh I feel a case coming on Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did case you here:http://blog.ajillianvancedesign.com/2015/05/dimensional-masculine-birthday-card.html

      Delete
  4. Look at you go!!! FYI: I played your OLS Blossom challenge,. I DID! post coming soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!