Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pretty Flowers...or How to Cheat

While I am no longer quite as allergic to coloring as I used to be, it's still not my favorite stamp activity. So when I get a set of outline stamps, I always experiment to see if they'll work NOT colored. Such was the case with Mama Elephant's Freestyle Florals set.

As you can see, these flowers respond well to NOT being colored.



The first card is softer, with mostly light pink and a few darker red accents. That script happy really grabs your attention, but the softness of the pink tempers it nicely. Such a feminine card!


The birthday card is just cheerful. I love that green...it's Fresh Ink Grass. The black accents are bold and dramatic, and while it's a feminine card, you probably wouldn't send it to a girly-girlfriend. I know exactly who's getting this one...a friend who's a professor of computer engineering who also likes to garden.

Not sure yet who will get the pink card, but I have plenty of girly-girlfriends to whom I can send happy thoughts.

So if you spend most of your time coloring, why not cheat and play around with some colored inks instead? It's fun and the results can be so very lovely!

Supplies
stamps: Mama Elephant (Freestyle Florals), Clearly Besotted (Happy Days), Hero Arts (happy birthday)
paper: Papertrey Ink white
ink: Fresh Ink, Memento Luxe
accessories: dimensionals, corner rounder, rhinestones

1 comment:

  1. I love the green one. (I'm not really a girlie-girl!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!