Saturday, April 23, 2016

Art

Everyday life, with its abundance of humdrum chores and mindless routine, can accumulate a great deal of dust. Creative outlets wash away that dust, give us fresh air to breath, energy to learn and grow and thrive. 


With a coordinating envelope, this card will be an extra-special piece of mail that is "definitely not junk mail."

The card was made with a Kaleidacolor ink pad and the long stamp from Jumbo Abstract Art by My Favorite Things. The inked stamp received a heavy several spritzes from Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds spray for a bit of shimmer and watercolor-y blending. The sentiment stands out in Memento Luxe tuxedo black.




I love how the aquatic colors of the Kaleidacolor and the subtle shimmer add to the idea of washing away dust.




I'm trying to do more "follow-through" with envelopes and such, so I stamped the flap of the envelope with a couple of much smaller stamps from the Jumbo Abstract Art set.  They are also shimmery from the Dazzling Diamonds. Love it!



Thanks for the input on my last post. Y'all have given me some great ideas for organizing and thoughts regarding whether to create an index or not. Updates to follow. 

Supplies
stamps: My Favorite Things Jumbo Abstract Art, Inkadinkado Picasso sentiment, Simon Says Stamp Envelope Sentiments
ink: Kaleidacolor, Memento Luxe
paper: Papertrey
accessories: Dazzling Diamonds glimmer mist, envelope

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful ca and envelope. Love both those sentiments, how clever 'definetly not junk mail'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it again sent without checking. But you know a ca is abbrev for card yes!!

      Delete
  2. Love the card and envelope! Hadn't seen the 'envelope' stamps before. Will definitely have to get those on my wish list. Concerning the sentiment organization question of yesterday- I too struggled with knowing exactly what I had as far as the 'extras' that come in some pictorial stamp sets. I finally set up a small notebook with dividers and started stamping the stray words in their proper categories with the stamp set title noted. So if I am looking for a certain type or size of Thank You and can't find it in my 'all thank you sets' I go to the notebook. I am still working at getting them all in there. If I pull a set out to use on a card and see it has a sentiment or word, I will get it in the notebook before I put it back. When all the words are finally noted, I make a small red dot on the set, and know that it is done. I still have lots to do, but find it a good fall back for when I just can't come up with any good card ideas...I can pull a few sets out and work on the words and pretty soon an idea comes. A win-win!! Good luck in finding what works for you.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo! Best of luck on your reorganizing!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combo! Best of luck on your reorganizing!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and the beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. I have the envelope stamps, but can you believe it? I lost the "definitely not junk mail" stamp and it was the one stamp of the set that I really loved...wish they sold it separately...

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card and envie mf....love the colour blend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!