Saturday, December 10, 2016

IC575 Anthropologie...Oh, My!!!

This week's Inspiration Challenge blew my little creative mind. Four cards in a few hours, and two of them have *GASP* colored card bases. The Anthropologie website has an abundance of inspiration, and I'll be going back for more.

*happy sigh*

First up, the only Christmas card I made for the IC575. It was inspired by this product label.



This strip looked silly on a white card base...just too much white white space and visually boring. (Remember "white" space can be any color...it's just empty space.) The celery base unifies the two borders and helps the sentiment stand out as the focal point.

I masked the central area of the panel, leaving half-inch borders. After sponging with Distress Ink (old paper), I stamped images from WPlus9's Silver Bells in Hero lime green and Archival leaf green. The berries are Archival red geranium, as is the sentiment.





More from the IC575 in the coming days. Thanks to Audrie for yet another amazing challenge. Why don't y'all play along!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Christmas Messages, Wplus9 Silver Bells
ink: Distress old paper, Hero Arts lime, Archival leaf and red geranium
paper; StampinUp celery, Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, glue, gold metallic pen

2 comments:

  1. I could actually make this card! (I am one that gets hives with all that unadorned card stock.) But put a little texture into the mix....Seriously, I really like this card. And love what you did to the envelope! Can't wait to see the rest.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! You rocked the colored card base. That matching envelope is totally the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!