Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Anniversary in Color


Note: Don't forget about the Christmas Challenge from yesterday's post. 

I made some anniversary cards weeks ago and didn't post them to the blog. Thank goodness because time to stamp has been virtually non-existent in the past few weeks. Don't you feel sorry for me? I sure do.

Anyway, today's card takes an unusual color twist for an anniversary card. The inspiration was the retro color combo of red and aqua.  I love how unexpected the aqua is and how it freshens up the stereotypically red anniversary theme.



The hearts are from Papertrey's Heart Prints set, which has to be one of my most used sets of all time. It's delightfully versatile, and the compatible punches mean that even without a die cut machine, I can still get perfect hearts every time.




And here's today's picture of a sleepy Cooper. He can't even hold his head up!



Methinks our pup is a tad on the lazy side. Eleven more days until we get to bring him home!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Heart Prints, Hero Arts sentiment (I think)
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Probably Archival red geranium and forget-me-not
accessories: heart punch, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful color combination - one I would not have thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet card. one of my favorite combos for a card! cooper is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Cooper! Love the card. Red and aqua, along with lots of white, are the colors in my new kitchen! Going back to the 50's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this colour combination. I haven't been anywhere near my craft table all week, because I had a large translation task to complete, but after today, I will have 10 days to craft to my heart's content ((I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, thanks for sharing. PTI sells punches??!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!