Saturday, August 12, 2017

Cards Received and a Question

I've received some lovely cards in the past month.


From Pat. Pat's choice of colors makes me so happy...so summery and happy!
The black scalloped border is perfect with the black embossed sentiment,
and the sequins add just the right amount of shine.

From Linda. Her watercolor effects are simply stunning,
and the scalloped border  with stitching add a subtle,
perfect frame.

From Eva. Eva's cards are usually more embellished and layered...for this one,
she wanted to make something more LateBlossomy. I just love the clean
simplicity of her simple blossoms!

Thank you, Pat, Linda, and Eva for brightening my days!

Isn't it simply splendid how our hobby lets us express ourselves in so many ways? I adore all three cards--not just because they were sent to me, but because they show the range of styles we can embrace, try out, experiment with.

What style are you playing with this weekend? Is it your usual style, or are you branching out? What style are you most drawn to? Or are you a promiscuous stamper who will flirt with all sorts of styles?

Inquiring minds, and all that.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan








7 comments:

  1. I recently had one of those don't.know.how.it.happened experiences at Hobby Lobby. I came home with 2 LARGE pads of patterned paper. And I hardly even know how to use patterned paper.......
    So I am making thank you cards with......yep......patterned paper!
    And I actually like them!
    Thanks, Susan, for your thoughtfulness and your inspiration!
    Marty 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, I guess...rather promiscuous in my card making, as I like to challenge myself by making each card one-of-a-kind. I love CAS, for which I have you to thank, Susan, and I'm rather a minimalist in my designs. I don't like fru-fru stuff and will never be a die-cutter. I like unusual embellishments such as shaped paper clips, buttons, wall paper, fabric patterns (dogs, cats, frogs, etc.). I do some stamping, coloring, embossing, and paper punches, along with bleach, washi, wire—anything kind of flat is fair game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I adore your adventurous spirit with embellishments. I should loosen up on that and experiment!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Susan—what a compliment! Challenging myself to use something in a nontraditional way has certainly opened up my creativity. Not all successes, of course, but such fun when they work out!

      Delete
  3. I prefer the CAS style, but I sell most of my cards. And it seems my customers much prefer the gussied-up, blingy, be-ribboned cards, so I must embrace my promiscuity! I went into my studio yesterday to stamp and color birds. 40 birds later, I gave up the ghost because my hand could no longer hold a Copic marker. Residual effects linger today, so I satisfied myself with tidying the mess I made yesterday.

    Thanks so much for your comments on the card I made. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a mish mash person...I go from making CAS to lots of bling and pearls. Depends on my mood I guess! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!