Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Christmas Evolution, Part Two

Yesterday's card was quite satisfying, but the more I looked at it, the more it seemed fussy to my clean-and-simple-loving eye. Inspired by the packaging on this pin, my first card had done its job. But how could I make it less fussy and cleaner and simpler (CASer)?

First, I abandoned the idea of decorative wrapping. Instead, I focused on that fabulous pine branch. Turning the pine branch into a swag eliminated the need for lots of twine because now a simple bow would suffice. Also, no need for a tag! I could let the branch point down directly to a sentiment. This, of course, required a narrower sentiment.

The twine, however, looked oddly light as a bow for the swag...it simply didn't have enough visual weight to balance a red sentiment below the branch. I replaced it with a thin, satin ribbon in solid red and found the right balance.




This design didn't require any additions to the pine branch, a simplification that spared me the post-its.




An advantage to yesterday's card is the sense of movement it offers...from the swing of the large twine bow to the angle of the tag to the angle of the branch. Today's card is compact and linear, with just a little curve in branch. That lack of movement is a weakness, I think, but nevertheless, there's a peace and stability to the CASer version that truly makes me happy.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: Hero Arts red royal
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, glue, Memento markers, water spritzer, red satin ribbon

6 comments:

  1. I see a bit of movement in the angle of the ends of the pine branch, Susan. I really like the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. The bow makes the card. Thanks for all inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful in its simplicity! Your simplicity....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Less fussy perhaps but I do like yesterday's card more. This one is no slouch though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ฉีดเผาผลาญไขมัน




    ของใหม่





    ฉีดลดแฟตที่ปลอดภัยและก็







    มีคุณภาพ



    ที่สุดในโลกที่ศิลปิน



    ฮอลลีวู้ดใช้ รับประกัน









    ผลสรุป







    กับการฉีดลดแฟตที่ดีเยี่ยมที่สุด









    ได้ผล



    สูงที่สุด





    ในโลกจากอังกฤษ



    ยุโรป อเมริกาแล้วก็







    กาหลีตัวยาที่ทรงพลัง





    ที่สุดในตอนนี้




    ฉีดสลายไขมัน
    meso fat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!