Sunday, August 13, 2017

Feeling Grateful for Pinterest

Y'all, Pinterest is fabulous. I adore it. It's perfectly acceptable hoarding for minimalists. I can pin anything, and it doesn't take up any space and requires no plastic bins for storage. If you want to follow my cards page on Pinterest, click here. To see the rest of my boards, click here.

Note that the latest Google updates turned off my Pinterest button, but I've turned it back on.

This pin inspired today's card.


Card size 6 1/4" x 3 1/2"

My colors aren't an exact match (my pink is brighter and my green is mintier), and the stamps have a completely different feel from the original, but you can certainly see the provenance of this card. I did change the shape of the card and placed the sentiment closer to the squares.

So by changing the stamps, shades of colors, and tweaking the layout, you can get a "different" card. Don't feel like you always have to go radically different with an inspiration piece.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment), Papertrey Embellished Elegance
ink: Memento grape jelly, Hero Arts tidal pool and cotton candy, Archival black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, glue, rhinestones

8 comments:

  1. Love you card. Balanced, bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the dimensions of this card? Do you make envelopes for oddly shaped cards?
    I love the colors, could easily be adapted for a Christmas card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6.25" x 3.5". It fits envelopes I bought at Marco's Paper in Centerville, OH. I decided years ago that making envelopes was not for me! I find ready made ones in different sizes and make cards to fit.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, never thought about adapting card size to fit envelopes. I guess I'll look for stationary stores for envelopes because office supply stores don't have a large selection

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! And thanks for the 9 pieces of bling! ;)
    PJ Brooks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!