Thursday, August 3, 2017

Healing Wishes and the Hazard of Too Much

Soft blues and greens are soothing and, therefore, perfect for a get-well card.


The large starburst flower from Hero Arts resided in my stamp storage far too long. Finding these "hidden" stamps in my basement brought them back to life for me, confirming that long-term storage proves the axiom that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I've made this recommendation before but reiterate: purging your stash of excess supplies by storing them out of sight (in a basement or back-room closet or climate-controlled attic) for a year refreshes your love of those supplies or shows you clearly what you didn't miss and can safely sell or donate. After years of following this pattern, I've delighted in the rediscovery of old stamps, and I've happily gotten rid of a lot as well.

Overabundance can kill creativity, and too often we feel crippled by too much choice given large stashes of craft supplies we can't let go of. Long-term storage solves the problem.

Give it a try!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Papertrey
ink: Hero Arts mint julep, soft pool; Archival black, sky blue
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, Copics to color the rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. such a pretty card and I 100% concur on removing things that are in the way. so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft, muted colors are very pretty. It's a great idea to store supplies and products away for a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! and good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card that doesn't make me 'itch' :) All kidding aside, I love your cards 'focal points'. And I have learned how I can 'adapt' to my excessive need to have much less white space. A very faint background stamp or lightly embossed background does the trick! And thank you for the reminder to store before parting with overstock. I have been known to re-buy after letting go.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where in Maryland?! I live in Baltimore! Glad you had fun painting... And wine drinking:)

    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!