Thursday, August 3, 2017

Something a Little Different

I'm currently in Maryland visiting my mom, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephews. YAY!!! Mom, who is a fine artist, came up with the idea of a wine-and-painting part.

Did someone say wine?

I'm in!

So I chose a photo from my trip to Normandy...a glass of wine with pain au chocolate on top of the glass. George and I sat in the garden at our hotel, relaxing after a day of visiting D-Day sites. The wine and bread on the table felt eucharistic to me.

We spent quite a lot of time in cathedrals and churches while we were in Normandy.

Anyway, here's the picture.



And I painted this (with a bit of help from mom on the glass).



Maybe I shouldn't give up stamping, eh?

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and eucharistic thanksgivings,
Susan





5 comments:

  1. Where in Maryland?! I live in Baltimore! Glad you had fun painting... And wine drinking:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in Maryland?! I live in Baltimore! Glad you had fun painting... And wine drinking:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice subject, good painting.
    Thanks for the reminder about overabundance. So true. I end up just organizing instead of making something. Too much stuff shuts me down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice painting. Wow!
    Please don't stop stamping, Susan.
    Just add painting to the long list of things you do well!!
    Thanks for your wisdom and inspiration!
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soft, muted colors are very pretty. It's a great idea to store supplies and products away for a time.


    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!