Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Thank You, Linda!

Reader Linda E. sent me an enormous selection of watercolor papers, with labels and everything!


She included a gorgeous watercolor card I will post in a closeup later this week (because to post it today would make my own feeble effort look laughable!).

What a kind and generous gift from a kind and generous person.

Here's my first card made with some of this incredible stash.


It was so fun to make! I started off experimenting with a technique I stumbled across on Pinterest, but the results of my experimenting would qualify as an epic Pinterest Fail. In irritation, I fell back on a tried-and-true faux watercolor technique: I used StampinUp markers and a water spritzer to stamp a circle. The result looked vaguely earth-like and ever-so-satisfying.


I thought it would be perfect with a few hearts (stamped in pigment ink for some opacity) and appropriate sentiment...and it is!

The Strathmore 140# cold press paper took the image beautifully. As with many watercolor papers, it's not pure white, so I put it on a Papertrey vintage cream base, which matched pretty well. The thin, red mat gives just a bit of pop and highlights the reds of the hearts and sentiment.

Thank you, Linda, from the bottom of my heart. This card is for you!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan


Supplies
stamps: Altenew Sentiments and Quotes, Hero Arts Acts of Kindness, StampinUp circle
paper: Strathmore 140# CP watercolor paper, StampinUp real red, and Papertrey vintage cream
ink: Memento Luxe black and love letter
accessories: StampinUp markers (turquoise and green galore), water spritzer

6 comments:

  1. Silly lady...what's fake about using water and color to watercolor? :) Don't be so hard on yourself. I love this card. With the texture of the paper being so visual I don't have my silly issue (itchy) with all the white! Look forward to seeing what you do with the other papers.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow nice gift and you did that watercolor paper proud. It does look like the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a love gift! I can't wait to see what you creat with it all. Looking forward to seeing all of your experiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a love gift. Thank you, Susan, for sending the love back my way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!