Wednesday, December 27, 2017

No Idea Where I'm Going

Inspiration is a funny thing. Sometimes, an inspiration piece sends me into spasms of creative flourish.

Other times, I spend an hour and a half making pretty trash and getting increasingly frustrated until I ditch the inspiration piece and go off on my own super-simple path.

That's what happened with today's card. So much pretty trash, and then this.


I truly love the Hero Arts set Shakespearean Poetry, but man, it's hard for me to work with! When I googled it for images and searched on Pinterest, almost no cards come up. Am I the only person in the world who bought this set?

Anyway, I tried to use Shakespearean Poetry with inspiration from THIS CARD by the brilliant Yana Smakula. As you can see, I couldn't adapt my stamps to her design, nor did I have dies or images that would work like her whale does, so I abandoned ship (so to speak) and made my simple card, keeping only Yana's color scheme.

I really do like my card a lot. It's far more elegant than my usual style, but the Delicata gold ink is too perfect for this flourish and looks so harmonious with the coffee-colored ink. 



So even though I had no idea where I was going, persistence paid off, and I ended up somewhere satisfying.

All in a day's crafting.

And thanks to Yana for the lovely inspiration anyway!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Shakespearean Poetry, Papertrey Birthday Basics
ink: Delicata gold, Archival coffee
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. I so love your honesty...and this is a gorgeous design!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a child's story book once said "Some days are like that!" Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your final cards are always perfect, but am I the only one who would love to see all of your pretty trash? Sometimes you show us the less than satisfactory steps along the way, but not all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with Elsie...I have learned so much 'seeing' your thought processes! TFS !!!

      Delete
  4. I love the phrase pretty trash! This card is beautifully elegant. And it inspires me to use a similar stamp so thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!