Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Sweet as Honey

One of my favorite cute sets is Hero Arts Busy As A. Despite its odd name, the set is adorable and has some great images in it. I ordered the coordinating die set and went to work. This was the second card I made...the first was pretty trash. I'll explain below.


The watercolor used on these images came from two different sources. The bees are painted with StampinUp summer sun and more mustard inks that were squished into the lids of the old-style cases. The hive is painted with an Arteza brown real brush marker that was squished onto an acrylic block.

There's a lot of squishing going on.

Anyway, I added Wink of Stella to the wings and flower, and a bling on the flower creates a visual triangle of yellow.



My first attempt at this card involved painting a large scrap with the summer sun ink. I stamped the bees and die cut them out of the painted scrap. Wow, that was ugly. Didn't think about how the wings would be yellow, too, and just no.

What are your favorite "cute" sets?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Busy As A
ink: Archival potting soil; StampinUp summer sun and more mustard
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Wink of Stella (clear), dimensionals, coordinating dies, Arteza real brush marker in brown

3 comments:

  1. What a great card. I have a hive set and will have to try this. Some of my favorite 'cute' sets are by Your Next Stamp and Sunny Studio. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun card. The little bees look great popped up. I think Fawn Lawn makes the best cute stamps. I really like the little mini sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wink of Stella is perfect for wings. That tiny yellow jewel is the perfect finishing touch, too.

    My current favorite cute set is "Little Cat Agenda" from Mama Elephant, but I also really like their penguins, and they've recently been releasing some pretty cute bunny sets. Lawn Fawn consistently puts out absolutely adorable images, and my sister and I have several of their mini sets. I don't have much need to make baby cards, but I want to get my hands on their "Hello Baby" set because the wee animals included make my heart squeeze.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!